Sunday, March 21, 2010

Crazy About Cards

I am a card person.  I LOVE making cards to send out to people.  Today, I decided to play with my Wild Card Cartridge for the Cricut...and it is AMAZING!!  It is definitely one of my favorite cartridges.  Here are a few of the cards I made.





This is a birthday card I made using the Wild Card Cartridge. It's pretty large...I don't remember exactly how big, but I used the "fit to page" option for the base of the card.  I know you can't see if very well, but the but the frosting of the cupcake is done in white glitter and I used pop dots, and the flame is yellow glitter.  It's not perfect...there are a few things I would do differently...like cut out the candle and make it a different color.  However, it was good for my first card.  



This one is one of my favorites.  I had a hard time understanding how all of the different pieces fit, so I just made it up.  It uses all of the elements of the Argyle card.  


Now that I had gotten the basics down and understood how all of the pieces of the cartridge worked together, I decided to go outside of the box a little bit.  I have always wanted monogram cards, so I decided to try one on my own.  It's pretty big (9 1/2 inches) because I wanted to see if it worked.  This is defiantly not one I would mail, but I'm really happy with it, so now I'm going to mass produce it.  




Here is a detail for the monogram.  

Hope you enjoyed the cards and have a little inspiration now!! 

1 comment: