Saturday, November 1, 2014

Thanks Card and Challenge

Happy November!!

It is already starting to look and feel like fall around here.  The leaves are in their peak time of changing, the temperature is getting (much) colder - we already have to turn the heat on - and soups are starting to sound better and better to eat.  Hurrah for crock pot meals!! 

My better half was working all day, so I thought I would take some time to craft.  I want to get back into stamping, creating cards, posting on my blog, doing challenges... that kind of thing.  I also want to get back in the habit of doing something for me to unwind.  Today was the perfect day to do that!!

I have two blogs that I follow pretty religiously, My Pink Stamper and My Creative Time.  Emma from My Creative Time has a challenge up right now, and I thought I would join in the crafting fun.  There is a photo of three pumpkin tins and colors.  You could use the colors or photo or both... I chose to use the colors. 

I bought this stamp set from Stampin Up when the new catalog came out, and I knew I wanted to emboss it.  Mind you, I have never embossed anything before, so it was quite the learning experience.  The main thing for me to note was that you cannot rub the image as the Versamark will smear, and you will not get a clear image. 

Also, for the challenge, you had to use one My Creative Time product.  While I have some things, I don't have a whole lot from Emma.  I did find this super cute stamp from one of her first releases (this was back when she shipped her stamps in CD cases).  It is from the "Turn That Frown Upside Down" set. 

So...here is what I came up with...



Supplies Used:
Stampin' Up Early Espresso Cardstock
Stampin' Up Very Vanilla Cardstock
Stampin' Up Color Me Autumn Designer Paper
Stampin' Up Crushed Curry embossing powder
Stampin' Up Old Olive ink
My Creative Time Turn that Frown Upside Down stamp set
Stampin' Up Seasonally Scattered Stamp Set
Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie Ribbon

I hope you enjoyed my fall-inspired card!!  What's your favorite part of fall?  Until next time!!  Happy crafting!!

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card, Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, thanks for playing along with our challenge at My Creative Time!! DT~Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us over at My Creative Time - Designer Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!
    Great card Lauren!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with the My Creative Time Designers Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren ~ What a beautiful card! Of course I love the colors and your embossing is perfect! I love to emboss and it does get easier! LOL! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Designers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete