Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Day 11: Welcome Wreath

Hello!!

I hope the weather is holding out for everyone!!  It has been quite cold and snowy here.  Monday was our first snow day.  Well, the county in which I work had a snow day, which usually means I get one too!!  Our agency is pretty fantastic about closing down when the weather is bad.

Onto today's crafty project...Another wreath!!  Obviously I have been making lots in preparation for my Etsy store opening.  I am making sure I have all of my ducks in a row before I start to sell things.  I'm not going to lie, opening my own etsy store scares me a little bit.  It's a big step from just blogging about the stuff I make.  However, I also like the new adventure.  These 25 days of Christmas have allowed me to practice marketing and learn how to use different social media sites.

This is a wreath I made for my in-laws.  My better half and I thought it would be fun to make them a wreath for Christmas.  All the information I got was the shudders and roof was burgundy.  From there, I went shopping on my own.  At first, I did not think I would like this wreath very much, but it has quickly become one of my favorites.



I love the browns and the burgundy colors.  I had a hard time visualizing how this wreath would go, so I just mixed and matched in the store.  Looking back at the pictures, I would say the pictures do not do this wreath justice.  I kept the puffs smaller because they have a screen door; however, the floral elements make this a little bigger (I really have to work on that).  The "welcome" sign gave the wreath the country feel I was hoping for, as my better half's family lives out in the country. 





Above are some more detail shots.  I really hate how off color all of the elements seem.  I will have to work on that.  It really is more of a brown/burgundy color scheme, which is difficult to see in these pictures.  

I hope you enjoyed today's wreath!! Have a fantastic day, and check back tomorrow with more, exciting crafty things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment