Friday, December 4, 2015

12 Days of Christmas Day 4: Let it Snow

Good Morning and Welcome to Day 4 of 12 Days of Christmas!

Today is my most favorite projects to date!!  I got my inspiration from a couple of projects I found online, and a sketch I found interesting.  This is one of those projects I had in my head for a while, looked around in my craft room for papers and color inspiration, drew out a sketch, made a few changes.  And....boda bing, boda boom....


Isn't this the cutest card you ever did see?  I am pretty proud of it!  I've been looking for a chance to use the stamp set ever since I ordered it.  I like the stamp set that has the framelits that coordinate.  I used the big snowman from the Snow Place stamp set and cut out it and each accessory.  I used Staz On Jet Black Ink for the body and the hat, Cherry Cobbler for the scarf, Old Olive for the holly on the hat, and Chocolate Chip for the arms.  

Once all the snowmen were put together, I used Real Red card stock for the base, cut a layer of Smoky Slate and dry embossed it with the snowflake embossing folder from provocraft.  Then, to create the detail, I used Old Olive card stock cut at 3 x 5.25 and used a scalloped border punch (that's retired).  I stamped the "Let it Snow" and snowflake in Old Olive.  


I cut the pattered paper from the Merry Moments Designer Series at 2 x 5/4 and glued it to the Old Olive paper.  I then used the same measurements and cut Crumb Cake.  I used the 1" square punch to punch three squares and make it look like a photo strip.  I then glued the snowmen to the frame and cut the excess.  This made it look as if the snowmen were in a photo strip.  I adhered the photo frame to the card using dimensionals to add interest.  


I am so happy with the way this card came out.  I think I am more excited about how my creative juices are coming back and how much I am enjoying being back to crafting.  It was really neat to see my idea come to fruition and be so stinking adorable.  This isn't something that came out of a kit (although there is nothing wrong with that); it is neat to see an idea work.





Supplies Used: 

I hope you guys like the card as much as I do!  Come back tomorrow to see what's in store for Day 5

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment