Tuesday, December 1, 2015

12 Days of Christmas Day 1: Warmest Winter Wishes

Happy December friends!!

I know, it's been about a year (or maybe a little over a year) since I posted on my blog, and it is my intention to get back into the jive of crafting.  I thought about just waiting until the new year, but I thought why do that when I have all of these super cute Christmas projects I am working on.

I do a few things differently now.  The big difference is I am more into stamping and less into my Cricut, although this project does include a Cricut image.  My mom is a Stampin' Up demonstrator, which I believe I have mentioned a few times, and I am getting back into stamping and creating that way.  I have been out of the crafting world for a little while though as I am trying to get used to my new job and finding a work/life balance that I need.

I am going to *try* to kick off my blogging with a 12 days of Christmas; however, we all know how that goes with me, so I am going to take it slow and we are going to see what happens.  I truly love paper crafting, and I am getting my mojo back.  While I'm into it, I figured what would be a better time to post some projects.

Onto the project!!  This is one of my most favorite projects I've ever done!  I got the idea from Emma over at My Creative Time.  She did this project with her snowman stamps and dies.  I thought it was so cute, I had to give it a try myself.  However, my household is really into penguins...so of course I had to use a penguin.  I think it turned out AMAZING, and it is my favorite thing I have made.


I'm sorry about the glare, I know it is bad, but they're penguins with Christmas hats!!  I still cannot get over how adorable this turned out.  Here is kind of a photo tutorial of how I did everything.  To be honest, I do not remember measurements (I know, I'm sorry, I will try to do better).  

First, I cut my black yardstick to fit around a Hershey nugget.  Then, I cut an oval in half and placed it in the middle.  You want to line it up at the bottom so you have room for the hat!  Then, I stamped the penguin face on the white piece and colored it in with some copics.  


Then, I wrapped all of the penguin faces around the hershey nuggets.  To make the hats, I cut finger tips off of gloves and glued a little pom pom to the top of the finger to make it look like a hat!  You can watch Emma's video to see how these guys were put together.  They are too stinking cute!


I handed these out to my coworkers.  One of them used to tease me about being Italian, so I had to give her a mobster penguin, so I pulled the cut finger of the glove all the way down and cut out eye holes.  I know the glare of the bag makes it difficult to see, but that's what it is.  


I hope you all enjoyed my post!  Hopefully it is the first of many.  We will see what day I make it to...anyone want to take bets? 

Supplies Used:
Stampin' Up Basic Black cardstock 
Stampin' Up Whisper White cardstock
Stampin' Up Crumb Cake cardstock 
Stampin' Up Christmas pack (retired)
Create a Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge (penguin)
My Pink Stamper winter stamp set (retired)
Peachy Keen stamp set (penguin face-retired)
Gloves
Pom Pom
Cello Bags

leave a comment and tell me what you think!  This isn't the last you've heard of me.  Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment