Monday, December 7, 2015

2 Days of Christmas Day 7: Hot Cocoa Holder

Good Morning and WELCOME to day 7 of the 12 days of Christmas.  I can't believe how fast this month is flying!!

Here is another cute goodie bag to whip up for the holidays.  I'll be honest, it took a little longer to make this that a I thought it would (I did make 15), but I also had some serious problems counting, so that could be what took longer as well.  However, I think they can out adorable.

I found this idea on Create with Christy.  The tutorial for the project can be found here.  I didn't have some of the framelits she used, so I improvised.  I also just used the merry moments designer series paper.  I think this is the first time (in the history of ever) I've used my entire paper stack.  This would be a great project for using up some of the scraps you have around.

I thought a hot cocoa treat would be awesome for my staff.  They are working really hard this month (although, they always work hard), and I'm trying to spread a little holiday cheer.  So, every Monday I'm giving them a treat...and here's what it is today!!


I love the little mug shape.  And the penguin is just too cute!  I had another cute "cocoa" sentiment, but it also had to do with snowmen, and I figured that we did snowmen last week. 


Inside, the package of hot chocolate fits perfectly.  I chose the peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks, but you can choose whatever you think is best.  They are all about the same size and should fit.  For the whole tutorial, click on the link above so you can make this project too!  I just want to give credit and bloody love to those who developed it first.  

While this was a little more time consuming than I thought, it would be no problem to whip these up before Christmas so everyone can have some hot chocolate after Santa comes!  I think we are going to be drinking mimosas this year :)  



Supplies Used

On a side note, I've been thinking a lot about my blog and how I want to continue.  Let me know what you think and what would be helpful (like actual tutorials so you can duplicate these).  I hope everyone is having a very merry December and enjoying the projects so far!  Please remember to tune in tomorrow for day 8!!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment